Palomar Square Dance Association
(Or News, if you prefer)
Here is the latest news from PSDA Promotions Director Jerry Davis
April 23, 2017- Square Dance Day at the Del Mar Fair this year will be June 4, 2017. There is a link (2017 Square Dance Day at the Fair) at the top of the PSDA Website homepage with additional information.
April 14, 2017 - "California Square Dance Council - Friendship Badge".
- The Friendship Program is open to all dancers. One form may be use per couple.
- The Friendship Award will be presented to any dancer who attends one California State Square Dance Convention and SIX (6) different festivals. (No duplicates are allowed.)
- Once the form is completed, turn it into your affiliate President who will receive your award and arrange for it to be presented to you.
- Attendance at the Festivals Listed Below are the only Festivals recognized to qualify for the California Friendship Award.
- PSDA Anniversary Jan/Feb Various
- Wing Ding March Merced
- Bakersfield Fiesta March Bakersfield
- Spring Jamboree April Redding
- Spring Fling May El Cajon
- Goldend State Round Up May San Ramon
- CCHA Anniversary May Various
- SCAD Anniversary August Anaheim
- Jubilee September San Jose
- ASquareD Anniversary Octobor Hawthorne
- Handicapable October Various
- B n B International October Various
- Harvest Hoedown October Yuba City
- Fiesta de la Cuadrilla November San Diego
- Western Sq Dance Association TBD Various
- The California Square Dance Council Friendship Badge cards can be picked up at any California square dance location. If not, contact your club President for assistance.
March 3, 2017 - The Century Club Booklets are for sale. Use these booklets to get autographs from the callers you dance to. The callers love to sign the booklets! Once you get 100 different callers to sign the booklet you will receive a "dangle" and be the envy of all your friends. The cost is $2.75 each plus $1.00 shipping. Bulk pricing, over 10 booklets, is $2.50 and shipping price varies based on the number of booklets ordered. Check with your club!
The Century Club
P.O. Box 57
Westfield, MA 01086
Thank you for promoting square dancing,
PSDA Promotions Director